On This Page Download Nero and Roxio have both just launched new versions of their burning software. Roxio Creator and Nero 11 Platinum are the two leading software applications for digital media editing and multimedia development. I should point out first of all that although Roxio and Nero both started out as CD burning software. They now do a whole lot more, and function as full multimedia packages.
It loads StartSmart, which is a lightweight bit of software which lets you do a bunch of basic tasks, Roxio, but only because I’m so curious about the SonicFire Pro functionality.
- Roxio allows users to capture media sources for imaging, audio and video, then carry out transformations on them.
- With video files, you can add effects such as credits, rotation, color and brightness alterations.
- Nero lacks, such as audio and video editing, and, unlike Nero, supports DVD-RAM, which allows for the continual rewriting of disks.
- Roxio also has an option for creating menus that support touch-screens.
Please Note: that both Nero Burning ROM and Roxio have NO Mac version. You are highly recommended to use DVD Creator for Mac as the alternative.
- Microsoft Windows 10, Windows 8.x, Windows 7 SP1
- For data burning and copy, audio capture, and editing: Intel® 1.6GHz Pentium 4 Processor or AMD equivalent, 1GB RAM
- 1024×768 DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics card with at least 16-bit color setting, sound card, DVD-ROM drive
- Multimedia compliant CD, DVD recordable drive